Monday, October 11, 2010

La quarantaine....semaine deux!

Despite the ramblings inside my head, words are not coming easily these days.  I thought I might sit and try to blog over this past weekend, but it never came to be.  Not for lack of topics; I have been wanting to put down some thoughts on this previous week's quarantine with Leo due to a nasty wave of 'Chicken Pox'--which turned out ironically to be some quality Mommy-Leo time and got me over my funk of being totally alone in the house for days on end...I have been shelving a pregnancy entry for a long time now, lots to write there, and I have a recipe or two to share as soon as I can recreate and stage the dish for publication.  I have even waited for just the right image to pop off my camera memory card that would inspire some poetic journaling...mais non!.....In fact the only photo that was even the tiny bit interesting is the one above which I am posting solely to 'brag' about the fact that these adorable little rusty chairs were found on the side of the road and now have a permanent home in my front garden......

And now, as my first born has also been afflicted with the plague-of-pox and I face another week as nurse, comforter, cook, housekeeper and entertainer...the idea of being be available to write something thought provoking and inspiring, well.....probably not in the cards for this week.

Rather, there is business to take care of when I am not nurse-maiding my poxy-tween.  I have been very distracted by sorting out the elements of my not-so-sweet-and-tidy departure from employment as an English teacher at the nearby private school (yes, the one the afore mentioned tween attends).  Either they have never dealt with medical leave due to maternity complications or are not familiar with legal protection of pregnant workers (as I am after Googling 'maternity benefits France' and researching for a few hours) or they are hoping by ignoring the problem it will just waddle-away and go home to knit something pink--this pregnant now-unemployed English teacher just wants to be paid for the weeks of work she did--and be done with it!  It irks me to have to tell 'them' what I am entitled to when they should sort it out....I want closure, closure is good...I like closure....being paid for hours of stressful, grueling work I like even better.

On another, far more cheery note; Mom and Dad arrive for a two week visit in less than 2 weeks; 10 days, 6 hours and 32 minutes to be precise-but who's counting.... so there's lots of preparation to do there.  We need to get a proper bed set up on the third floor, set up a temporary bed situation for the ousted 11 year old in his little brothers room, and maybe most importantly---install a toilet in place of the bidet in the second floor sal de bain so that my parents are not having to do the trek two stories down to use the  'toilette' in the middle of the night while they are here--and yes! also a very welcome addition for the 7+ months pregnant girl who craves modern (read luxury) conveniences more and more every day......

Et voilà...C'est tout!  

Hope I am not disappointing those in search of deeper, richer and more eloquent musings!  I will soon be adding links to my favorite gorgeously juicy blogs written by beautifully inspired women--the ones I read to get through days like these--so stay tuned!  I promise it just may be worth it!

À bientôt!

No comments: