Technically this is our second Christmas in France. We were here in 2001 when Maxim was almost 3. We were at Alain's parents house and the most memorable thing about that Christmas sadly was that we all caught this horrific stomach flu that was sweeping across the country and we were sick for almost 6 out of our 10 day visit.
This Christmas in France was better than that--way, WAY better than that. Last night we had Christmas Eve dinner at 'Carmen', Alain's brother's hotel/restaurant with everyone; grandparents, nieces, nephews, brothers, isters, in-laws.... more than 20 of us all together. A really wonderful family evening; food, laughter, holiday spirit...and we even lasted until midnight! (but still the first to leave and considered an 'early' departure...before desert.)
So keeping this short and sweet--sharing a few pictures of our little Christmas at home here--just the 4-plus of us. Despite being in month N-I-N-E of pregnancy, 2 bins of Christmas decorations that have 'gone-missing' since our move to France leaving me with precious little to deck-the-halls--and that our cute 9 euro Christmas tree is living up to it's 'Charlie Brown Christmas Tree' reputation by dropping all but it's last dozen needles all over the veranda--(I am afraid to even look at it let alone touch it!)
Yet a spirit filled Christmas------Sweet and cozy--a simple menu; roast pork with turnips, fennel and carrots, sauteed potatoes, cheese, a platter of dates, clementines and cinnamon marscapone cheese.....macaroons for 'premiere' desert and if I find any room left later--a buche de noel...or Yule Log....but maybe for tomorrow instead!
Joyeux Noël chers amis!




2 comments:
Sounds absolutely heavenly to moi! Thank you for sharing your photos - we too are playing video games and doing legos - the life of a family with boys!
Wishing you a wonderful rest of your holiday my friend!
xx
Same to you Kim! I had put a lot of pressure on myself for both Thanksgiving and Christmas feeling like I had to re-create the same traditions and spirit that we had at home before our 'relocation'...but now I am realizing that there is a lot to be said for re-invention, discovering new things to make family memories and NEW traditions...
xo!
Post a Comment