Sunday, October 28, 2012

Hiatus ...

 Thank you Wikipedia!  Although I am certain that most of those (especially the last four!) do not exactly fit my situation! But......



I am taking a 'hiatus'.... of sorts.... for a time.  If you have followed this blog from day one--it has been true to it's subtitle 'Musings of a reluctant transplant in search of 'joie de vivre' in France'.  I started it two and a half years ago after arriving here.... and {thankfully!} a lot has changed since then--and some hasn't.

Reluctant?  Maybe not so much.
Transplant?  Yes, I will always be and probably again and again transplanted if not geographically--most hopefully metaphorically--for growth and regrowth.
In search of 'joie de vivre'?  Absolutely YES!  And that will never change.  Ever.  And it is a good thing.... and ...
In France?  Well yes.  That will not change anytime soon...and maybe not ever....ever.

So why the hiatus if only a few things have changed and so much will stay the same?  Because a little break is needed to focus time and energy in the most important things on my 'fil de la vie' or road of life..... and to make room for what is on the horizon.....


More writing, more creating, more growing..... while even more passionately embracing 'ma vie en France'.

You can still find me over at Sunday Brocantes..... which has become my main blog (and so much more than just about French vintage finds!)....and you will be the first to know when you can also find me in print.... or the day I finally master this complicated language,  or when I officially get my French driver's license thus ending my rebellious illegal driving,  the very moment I get my French citizenship.... and of course---the day we finally find and buy our 'maison de reve'!

So it's not an 'adieu'---it is a 'hiatus'--and no, not the Belgian crustcore band....what exactly is a crust-core?   ... Do I want to know?


À bientôt mes amis---don't be a stranger now!

No comments: