So quite by accident, last Wednesday, I stumbled upon a new concept...How about I close the lap-top, shove it under the bed, and NOT go on-line for an entire day?! (Meaning 10-12 hours and such). What would happen? Well I found out....lots. In fact, so much more happened than I ever anticipated that I was forced to pledge that from that day forward, Wednesdays would be forever dubbed and duly noted as "Web-less Wednesday"!
Last Wednesday some really big things got done....in terms of Spring Cleaning..an entire laundry room was re-configured and a entry hall closet was organized....in terms of more important focuses, I spent time talking to the middle guy and the oldest boy and just laying on the bed with 'Petite Fille' and playing. Haven't yet asked the 'French Guy' but I think I was much nicer and really mellow when he came home from work that evening.
Do we really realize how much time we spend 'checking-in', 'posting', 'blogging', 'texting' and just being Internet-ly focused each day? How many times do you actually spend seeing what everyone else is up to--and do you ever think if you skipped a day...what might happen?
TRY IT.....even my blog-sisters...who I think write the most valuable insights and literary contributions to daily life...but really....turn it off. Instead take a walk, write a note with your hand...read a book, focus on your children or spouse, bake something....do nothing......
Web-less Wednesday---are you up for the challenge?!?
I am---a' jeudi......mes amis!
5 comments:
Hello Cat, lovely to meet and follow you. You speak wise words. I'm very aware of how much time I spend at the computer. Very scary, but I do make time to do lots of other things. Blogging is the most addictive of all to me. I love it and have 'met' so many lovely people.
Denise<3
L'Aussie Travel A - Z Challenge Posts F is for Finland
And to explain why blogging is so time consuming, I have 6 blogs, one dedicated to Paris and France.
http://pichetsinparis.blogspot.com
SIX?!? Oh my! That would be time consuming! I have three and an on-line shop and just that becomes overwhelming at times! Unfortunately at the moment--this one is the blog that gets neglected!
I am already learning a lot about time and what is important just from decreasing my web-addiction by just one day!
Merci Denise! A bientot!
Good for you! I would...but I've signed up for the A-Z blog this month. And I blog on Wed. only now! But you're right, and when this challenge is done, I'll go computer free for a day. There's a big world out there and it needs to be explored...and not online. Nice to meet you by the way!
Hi Samantha--the A to Z blogging sounds like fun!
The first Weds. that I went 'web-less' it was a reality check on how often I go online just to check something and then loose track of the hours! So now on Weds. I only check emails and then don't even respond unless it's life or death until Thurs!
Enjoyed your blog today! Still thinking about it!
xx! Cat
Post a Comment