Yesterday was a totally bliss-filled day. It started with sunshine and a l-o-n-g walk on the beach. I went about 5 miles which was slightly over-doing it, but it was nearly impossible to stop! The sun, the breeze, low tide......
The rest of the day was spent outside--almost all of it. Sorry to say for the weeds--it was not their day. The freedom to grow in every planted area and forcing their way up through the gravel--well enough of that. I also decided to up-root and remove all of the bulbs which were finished. They were here when we moved in, poorly planted and most of them did not bloom. So I am hoping to put them back in the fall and see if they do better next Spring.
Everything else is popping up too-- little seedlings have survived being plummeted by rain and hail and beaten up by the wind. I am so excited about our 'potager' for the summer!
... and otherwise, life is slowly getting back to normal.... except that I have noticed it is a slightly better normal. I had a wonderful conversation with my belle-amie....my 'bestie' lives in Bend, Oregon and we try to talk (for several hours) a few times a month. We are so in-sync it's sometimes scary--in a good-funny-scary-kinda-way.
We were talking about 'joy'.... a lot of people (myself included) have joy in their life but they are slow to acknowledge it, too busy to notice it... or resistant to giving in to it thinking that the flip-side of joy--is just around the corner if they do.
We had a long conversation about it and it has led me to think of a few things I will write about coming up. Until then, I plan to open my eyes, take a moment (or two or three or four!) and embrace all of the joy I can get my hands on!
~ How about you? ~
A bientot mes amis! Have a joy-filled day!
4 comments:
Your garden is sooooo organized! And your little girl is too cute for words!
Thanks Samantha! I think I might be raising a natural-born-Normandie-farm girl!
xx!
What a wonderful day! Sunshine, beach and long talk with a bestie - it doesn't get much better.
C'est vrai! :)
Post a Comment