Wednesday, May 16, 2012

The 'joys' of motherhood.....

Continuing on with my 'joy-themed' blog posts...

I just spent 20 minutes doing this ....  TWENTY long, sunshiny, decadent----survival minutes.  Things are getting a bit nutty-crazy around here.  I am suddenly juggling all of these amazing projects--and loving every minute, don't get me wrong, but the days of lounging in the garden watching the weeds grow back... will only happen in 'stolen' moments, like today.

This day started out on the wrong side of everything.  I am paying dearly for basking in the glory of motherhood on Sunday and I have to tell ya, the eight year old is giving me a run-for-the-money.  Actually he always has--but this morning---ooooh la la!  We have been on rocky-roads with him lately--lots going on in that eight year-old brain and body.  He is pushing the limits of what he can do and say and taunting us with threats of even worse behavior if things don't go 'just so'.  Yikes.  He was normally so angelic before..... wasn't he?



So sadly --  I had to dole out a punishment this morning--my absolute favorite (f-a-v-o-r-i-t-e) way to begin the day, two sips into my coffee.  He was told that he would stay at school for lunch (dunt-dunt-dunnnnn.)  Yea, that's b-a-d.  He lives to come home each day from school for a leisurely 90 minute French lunch....not French food mind you (come-on...he's 8!) but well...usually French-fries with a side of something....

But not today.  He was told he would remain at school.  It was the only thing I could come up at this juncture.  We have tried 'no computer today'  'no games for a week' ...... no Ipod..... and all I could think was that I was getting so short-fused-angry at his courageously blatant disrespect--that something extreme was needed.  So there you go.



And lunch here without him was weird.  His little sister listened for the door and wondered where he was....And I missed him, so I was punished too.

Then in the midst of re-shuffling this afternoon, I went outside--and sat down, and put my feet up.  And thought--"I deserve these few moments of sunshine" -- Before getting back to it.  And besides, in 30 minutes he comes home and we will need to re-group, re-assess and re-bond.  Hoping that lessons have been learned.... and hoping that I have been re-invigorated enough to make the best of the fact that both boys are off school AGAIN--for the 3rd long weekend this month---for the next two days---a lovely long----4 day weekend.  I think they are only in school for about 21 days total in the months of April and May. 

Oh the joys ....God help us all..... so not kidding.  Oh the joys....

A bientot mes amis....




No comments: