I will be honest with you for a moment--I do have some ramblings in the old 'draft' box, but they are unfinished...one actually talks about my propensity towards 'to-do' lists and blogging is on there--bien sur!
I missed a fun blogging thing yesterday--a questionnaire thing-y. I love questionnaires! I am a die-hard fan of the Proust Questionnaire (originally a concept by French author Marcel Proust)--(I always flip to the back of Vanity Fair and read the last page before anything else--no matter who is on the cover!) So I was thrilled to find a similar blogfest exercise yesterday hosted by a co-blogger, Nicole. (http://nicoleducleroir.blogspot.com). This list of questions is a-la-James Lipton of Inside the Actor's Studio. So I was thinking this is just the thing to tickle the old brain cells and help me get back into the blogging saddle. Mais non! I missed it...the deadline to enter came and went...so here I am today--feeling sheepish and uninspired, forcing the hand on my old Dell lap-top with it's sticky 'O' key...nothing to say with my brain full of thoughts......
Should I do it anyway?! Oui? Non? I think I should.....yes, okay I will! And YOU should to! Go ahead! Have at it! ................But me first!
What is your favorite word? Tenacity-Tenacity means to stick with something even when the going gets tough. Never give up. Never surrender, the ability of matter to overcome great strength or force....
My proudest (yet most humbling) moments have been when someone has called me 'tenacious'.
What is your least favorite word?
Deadline--you get it--enough said.
What turns you on creatively, spiritually or emotionally?
A place, a memory, a feeling that I am home....
What turns you off?
Dishonesty....bleck....eeeww....yuck.....boo....hiss.......
What is your favorite curse word?
I have one in mind--it's pretty tame. But you see I grew up in one of those households that if you cursed you would get your mouth washed out with soap--ask my brother what that's like. My mom reads this blog. I am not taking any chances.
What sound or noise do you love?
'Gazouiller'--that's the French word for the sound of 'Petite-Fille' when she is trying to figure out how to talk at 5 weeks old--that one is easy!
What sound or noise do you hate?
The sound of someone speaking negatively, judging or disrespecting another person. (Also the sound of that little piece of gravel that keeps getting stuck under our front door and scrapes across the ceramic tiles when you open it!)okay--maybe it's a tie then!
What profession other than your own would you like to attempt?
Pediatric Neurology...seriously.
What profession would you not like to do?
Probably anything to to do with mass-production of anything.
"See!? I told you that you could handle it!"
Okay--now it's your turn!
Bon chance mes amis!


4 comments:
Yay! So glad you decided oui! and posted your entry!
Great answers! I chuckled that your mother might see your curse word if you typed it. Every so often, when she frustrates me, I drop the f-bomb when talking to my mother. Not AT her, of course. I just slip it in. I can "feel" her cringe through the phone. It's wrong that it cheers me up so much...
Loved the gazouiller answer! I'm fluent in French and love when beautiful French words appear in the English world.
Thanks so much for playing along, and it's wonderful to meet you!
Hmmm...mass production of anything would get to me sooner, rather than later. Deadline is not a word I'm fond of either.
Tenacity is a great word! I would aspire to be more tenacious. Thanks for sharing your answers.
Being called tenacious is a fantastic compliment!
Post a Comment