Tuesday, August 2, 2011

I can already tell it will be one of those days--the kind of day where you are going in circles, feeling incredibly behind and overwhelmed, doing things like crazy--and at the end of the day it will still feel like nothing got done.  I have had hits of super-human domestic-goddess powers lately--but only 'hits' not full blown lengthy days or even hours of it.  In fact, I was going to post a quick recipe 'how-to' for an easy summer dinner but it doesn't seem to go with my next topic in this post. (Trust me...You'll see...).

Right now it's just past 12:30 and I am still working on cuppa-java number two, which has been re-heated four times.  Now I am just drinking it cold because if I have to stand in front of the microwave again watching it circle around and get scalding hot only to set it down minutes later to get burnt milk slimy and cold again--which it will because that is how my morning has gone.....well, you get the picture.  I give up--yum! Cold coffee! J'adore!

But you see I really need the caffeine this morning, or afternoon as it is....because I am about negative 12 in the sleep bank after staying up with poor little pathetic and very ill Petite Fille all of last night. (Pause---gulp cold coffee--yum!) We have no idea what hit the poor little Monkey, but she woke up at about 11PM in a puddle of baby-puke all over her bed and continued to spew baby vomit for the next 4 hours... We figured out quite quickly that she needed to remain vertical, lying flat was a bad option, so French Guy took her wrapped in a blanket (we had changed he PJ's about 3 times by now) and sat up with her watching TV for the next few hours.  I couldn't sleep--I Googled '6 month infant--puking' to see if there was anything we should be worried about...she had no fever, in fact an oddly low body temp--her little body was cold and clammy....and of course there was no way I could sleep, it's a bit scary when your little babe gets so ill out of the blue....I read for a while and then we all tried to get some sleep around 2, I remember still looking at the clock at 4:30 AM and finally was officially 'awake' at 5:30 AM.....so much for the night.

I am a pretty calm mommy I think....my two garcons have put me through the boot-camp of child raising and baby care, but that doesn't mean I don't worry or feel a little helpless when one of them is ill.

So back to the cold-coffee. I should just eat a hand full of coffee beans....Oh, I should tell you that Petite Fille is back to normal or close to and is contently sleeping.  I am a bit spooked and skipped her 'solid food' lunch.  I am doing about ten loads of laundry most of which resulted from last night's adventure.  I am so zonked but I am propelled by the notion that once the beds are remade and the house is back in order that I will again get that zap of creative energy (or any kind of energy--I'm not picky) but in the meantime, just happy that the Monkey is better and I am certain that the entire sleep-thing is just so over-rated anyway.....right up there with warm coffee....

Happy August!  Bonne semaine mes amis!

1 comment:

Sara Louise said...

Reheating coffee in the microwave is just the worst isn't it?! I do it every morning, and every morning I hate how it tastes.

Bon semaine! :-)