Next I need to wean myself off the allergy meds that I take late at night so that I am not rudely awakened by chronic explosive sneezes, watering eyes and a tickly throat at 3 AM--it's been bad! Has this happened to you? Is this not the absolute worst endless allergy season in the history of the planet? Seriously, what is happening? Have we bred a super-pollen? Mega-mutant-dust-mites? (Not to say there is any dust in my home...nope, not at all!) But geeez! I have been sneezing and wheezing and nursing one sinus-infection after another since last January! I used to have 'seasonal' allergies in early spring then sometimes late fall...but these days its a 12 month long season! The problem is, as well as the meds work, a prescription that is 'safe' for nursing mommies and the only thing that provides even one-iota of relief....makes me really groggy....on top of the sleep issue...not good. So I am finally making attempts to go natural using a homeopathic remedy instead to avoid that side effect....I hope. Stay tuned on that.
We are just about one week, ONE week from Mom and Dad's arrival. I can barely stand it! I have a mile long list of things that must be done and I think that is the only thing that prevents me from leaving right this minute for Charles De Gaulle and camping out by the exit doors of the baggage claim. The list consists of things like:
- Clean the Oven....it's now one year old--we've never done this using the 'auto-clean' function, it's time. We cook a lot of chicken on the rotisserie thingy that it has--enough said.
- Clean out the front hall-dump-as-you-enter-store-three-hundred-pairs-of-shoes-backpacks-jackets-broken-umbrellas-and-miscellaneous-sundrie-items-closet by the front door, that also contains at any given time about 80 pounds of tracked-in beach sand.
- Laundry room--see above and also add in all of accoutrements of three doggies and 8 bins of non-related 'why the heck are we keeping this' items.
- The outside shed area behind the house.....weeding, cleaning up, laying out some pavers under the laundry line, stowing the bikes, and general tidying--because that area is 100% visible from our veranda 'family-room'......
So that's my week mes amis---too exciting for words, non?! Oh-- and at the end of the week the 8 hour French Civics class and exam... that little thing. No biggie, not stressing.... good times....happy shiny people.
I hope your week is equally as 'colorful' mes amis!
Bon courage.

2 comments:
Do you have a mutuelle? If so, you should think about going to an allergologue and doing the désensibilisation treatment. You have to stick with it for a few years (you put a few droplets of the allergens under your tongue every morning to slowly acclimate your body to them), but it eventually cures you of your allergies. I imagine it would be breast-feeding safe too (and maybe even prevent allergies in your little one?)
Mine have been gone for a few years now and it is life-changing. I never realized how much I was putting up with in terms of watery eyes, stuffy nose, sneezing, etc until it stopped!
Oddly, my allergies went away when I moved here, although they get to me in the mountains. Also, what is this exam you had to take? Should I be scared? Ahhh! I had to go to two days of "lessons" when I first arrived one year ago, but that was it.
Post a Comment