Oh! Did I say terminal?!? Waaaaa haaaaa! Say it isn't so! Despite it's archaic age, it's decrepit mother-board and it's clogged and overly burdened hard-drive and the fact that it operates on Window's Vista (I know, embarrassing.) I still love this computer--as co-dependent as our relationship is! I NEED her! I cannot live without her! In fact I spent the day today with her unplugged and sitting on my pretty desk, (which I never use because me sitting at a desk is well, just such a plain silly idea! However could I juggle Petite Fille, roll around on the bed with her, juice-up the recorded Baby Einstein videos, and entertain her with finger-puppet shows and teethed on card-board books.....from a DESK?!? Oh, please! Let's be sensible!).... I did not once try to boot her up, not even to check email--and despite getting so much quality housework done (closets cleaned, laundry done, cat litter changed...) I am having serious withdrawal issues! SERIOUS.
So yesterday in a panic, after seeing that I had less than 2 GB left (of 136GB capacity) I
It's bad, very bad. You don't know the half of it. You see mes amis, I am not doing well. Already I am guilty of a very short fuse and a looming nervous break-down due to sleep deprivation....(Oh darn! This was going to be the first post of the last dozen that did not mention sleep ... or coffee! Quelle dommage!) I need my vices of writing and editing... and Googling.......who doesn't!
I have already been saving for the next lap-top.... (shhhhhh! Did she hear that?!) I had in my mind that I want a Mac--being the visual art-trained, creative, word publishing type that I am......but soon had to dial back on that idea on account of budgetary issues. I have to buy one from the US because there is no way I could deal with one with a French-brain! (I told the story of my little HP Mini that went in for a 'tune-up' and came back French right!?) Oh goodness--now after today I may be sending my Dad (who just bought me a 500GB memory chip to add to poor-pink-Dell in attempts to breath a little life back into her!) that I may need him to power-shop for an entirely new lap-top (and it has to be the deal of the century!) and bring it to me when they come in two weeks!)
In the meantime---the timing is awful. I am so stressed out, I am on the hinge of needing a really reliable computer with Belle-Niece's wedding just around the corner at which I will shoot about 500 images as their wedding photographer.... I have writing deadlines looming, another book going stale ... oh and please--all of my friends on Facebook to stay in daily touch with... as French Guy so kindly put-it---"I don't want you to feel cut-off from the world".... Aw......sweet.
Oh dear, I need to go make arrangements. I am not sure what the last wishes will be for Pink-Dell.....maybe a few hours of web-searching, a spreadsheet or two? Or just a quiet afternoon blogging on the beach? (Oh, okay, that's me.) I hope I/we survive...stay tuned.....let's all think positive and hope for the best....or at least a very big sale at 'Best-Buy'! Sniff-sniff .....Waa--haa-ahhhhh!
2 comments:
You crack me up - and make me completely envious with your advancing french vocabulary. Bravo you! I am, however, sorry about your sweet companion, as I too am basically hooked to mine with a very strong chain. I will cross my fingers that she survives until your parents arrive~
xx
I feel like I am 'cheating' by looking at new laptops! Thank you for the sympathy! As good as it is to be web-less and free from technology now and then (at least to get the housework done!) ...it is nonetheless a tiny bit traumatic to be computer-less even for a short time! XX!
Post a Comment