But tonight I have so many knots in my stomach and am about to serve myself a large bowl of very-berry flavored Tumms for desert ..... you would think it was MY first day of school tomorrow! I am remembering how I felt at this time last year, only 3 months into our new life in France and I was beyond nervous for the boys first day of school. I was nearly hysterical and 6 months pregnant too......hormonal, weepy.....and very, very nauseous! So I am better this year I think .... sorta. Okay, well ....NOT pregnant. That's a good thing.
Everything there seemed so alive and vivid and despite the chilly and rainy weather, the market was buzzing. But something was different. The 'summer-people' the 'tourists' the 'Parisiennes' (and you must say this last one with your nose wrinkled up and your eyes all squinty and like zisssss.....ready? Paaar--reeeee--zzzzzzeeee---aaaansss....) have gone back home....
I just thought the vibe and the colors were delicious! I think we went just for figs, but came home with tomates vertes, ail, salade, fraise, une baguette and some creme fresh....all went towards lunch.... and we haven't done our market and late and big Sunday lunch very often this summer--so another signal that Fall is at our heels....
I hadn't realized how much I missed going on Sundays. I love the few images I captured because this evening as I lament the end of the crazy days of summer these few photographs remind me of the lovely transition from one season to the next... and that all the good things come with you from season to season...just with different names and new colors..... c'est vrai?
Happy last weekend of summer mes amis!
2 comments:
The kids went back to school today. And, because they are French, their French is MUCH better than mine. I feel for your pain being pregnant and hormonal right when you moved to France. Yikes! I can only imagine how you felt. In other news, once again, you've stunned me with your gorgeous photos!
Thanks Samantha! I think we survived the first day(s) back with much better attitudes this time! Not so scary and I think the boys actually looked forward to it! Which proves they were sufficiently tortured the last few weeks of summer with household shores and boredom enough to want to go back to school! Mission accomplished! Happy 'rentree' to you too! xx!
Post a Comment