Saturday, October 22, 2011

Birthday Season


 It's my birthday weekend!  Did I mention this looming exciting event in recent posts? Well it's here.  There is no turning back -- tomorrow, Sunday, I turn ..... 35.  Okay a little more than that.  35 plus taxes ....French taxes....as 'French Guy' likes to say.  In any event... it is coming.  I love weekend birthdays, because then you get a few days of 'Birthday Weekend' instead of just 'Birthday's Eve' which is all you get when you have a birthday on a weekday.

I have learned in my old age youth, to be very obvious about my birthday... there is no such thing as subtle hinting...I did that years ago, when I was like ... 22....you know, you keep quiet and just hope that someone remembers; that new guy you are dating, your 'BFF' and your siblings and parents...well siblings and parents of course remember...So here's my new (as in the last ten years) 'M.O.' (modus operandi') about it.....TELL EVERYONE.  Days, maybe even weeks in advance.....if you want anyone to send well wishes and birthday kudos....

So here I am on birthday's eve....I have posted, I have alluded, I have made my list of demands to 'French Guy';  shopping on birthday eve day, sleeping-in on birthday morning, coffee in bed (but I get that every day---I seriously do--how lucky am I!?) lunch or dinner of  'les moules' and a 1000 layer crepe cake and champagne... oh, and some macarons, and I wouldn't stick my nose up for some chocolate if it was thrown in somewhere in the plan....anywhere in the plan...breakfast with my coffee would be good.

It is now the season of birthdays in our family---our little family of five all have birthdays in the next 4 months...I start in October, then in two and a half weeks, 'Middle Garcon' in November, then 'Petite Fille' and 'Oldest Garcon' in January, then 'French Guy' in February...if 'Petite Fille' had arrived on her due date in December, we would have had one birthday a month; October, November, December, January, February...

Well so far I have to say it has been a spectacular birthday--43 was pretty amazing--the move to France, the birth of 'Petite Fille'..and 100's of other blessings.  I am thinking that 44 will rock too--as scary as that number seems to me. (Being that it is so much closer to 45 than to 40!)

So Joyeux Anniversaire--to me!  Another year; another country, language, baby...LIFE....Oh, and blog!  Thanks for being there with me!

A bientot mes amis--I need to get to bed--I hear there is a BIG celebration tomorrow!

No comments: