Quelle dommage! It sucks. I try to remedy it by looking outside of my little cloud and seeing what everyone else is up to....bad idea....sometimes. Everyone else seems to be brilliantly blogging, have 2000 followers and 372 comments on each post, are getting published, making witty status updates on Facebook, traveling to far off places or sitting on a beach sipping a Mojito.....creativity and brilliance just seeping from every pore.... I don't feel better. I feel anxious.
I pull out a 'to-do' list---scratch off
You see what happens--the 'to-do' list gives way to the 'aspiration' list which then snow-balls into the impossible dream list -- which all comes back to what I really, really want is... a few more followers and feedback on my blogs, a few more sales at my Etsy shop, a word of encouragement about something I have done, to inspire one person occasionally and to be told I have .... oh, and a clean house... and if not that, a full night's sleep. Actually I would give up all of the above for a full night's sleep....Seriously.
But what I think is most interesting, even as I look at those brilliant bloggers, creative artists, exceptional business people, talented writers and inspired photographers, I know that despite what looks to be golden fluently-flowing creativity and brilliance....and perfect homes, children, lifestyles, etc..... I am betting that those people go through the exact same thing I am today. I think I might be in very good company.
I had never heard this quote before today--and I will end this post with it.
Your time is limited, so don’t waste it living someone else’s life. Don’t be trapped by dogma — which is living with the results of other people’s thinking. Don’t let the noise of others’ opinions drown out your own inner voice. And most important, have the courage to follow your heart and intuition. They somehow already know what you truly want to become. Everything else is secondary.
1 comment:
You ARE in good company. I am extremely anxious with my to-do list...so much in fact I'm a bit paralyzed. I'm also trying to lose those last five kilos, too! Anyway, I try and not get too overwhelmed and break things (life) down into bite-sized manageable chunks.
Post a Comment