Wednesday, October 12, 2011

Wool Sweater

I am feeling the pinch of being very behind on multiple projects.  As much as I try to relax, take a deep breath and re-focus, I seem to be de-railed at every serious effort to catch up; quiet moments while Petite-Fille naps or late hours of the night when I should be catching up on my own Zzz's ...there still doesn't seem to be enough time in the day to do it all.

I am soon launching my foodie-blog and I am full of inspriration--but as I work on it I am dealing with the frustration of sorting out the new computer stuff (even though 'she' is fabulous....although NOT pink, and not a Dell....sigh....there is a lot of new things and yes, even some glitches to get around!) So that often when I am on a roll to do something; editing pictures, looking for a contact, or a bookmark....I have to pause and think about what I am doing and where that data might be, rather than the reflexive and rapid way I would prefer to work.  Even the different key-board at times makes me type a letter off causing my 3000 WPM's to go down to about 20......okay, maybe not 3000.....but close.

I recently jumped on a link to another blogger who was tackling the very common topic of 'change' and she was likening change to being a 'scratchy and uncomfortable' place.  I think we all agree on that simile and for some reason right now, be it the seasons, my parents departing, health stuff, a rapidly looming birthday or stupid things like Facebook changing-up things that were working just fine---grrrrrrrr!  --too many changes!  Many people around me are feelin' it too.  So yes, uncomfortable---very scratchy---wool sweater scratchy...you know, you want to wear it but there is just something about it that makes your neck prickly?

So beyond the new computer, my 'wool sweater' is also in the form of family issues....after the transition of 'les enfantes' back into school last month, there is now the little snaggy-things popping up....Oldest Garcon although having a ball in '7th' grade is having some focus issues and Middle Garcon may or may not be showing some signs of dyslexia, but it's hard to tell because it seems to be in his French, but not in his English......Petite Fille at nine months has emerged over-night as an entirely new creature---who crawls, pulls up, and is trying to walk...and wants to constantly go-go-go!!  On a negative note; hates her car-seat, still is not entirely sleeping through the night, and is showing signs of food allergies.....(cucumber, rice, corn....and maybe dairy...so far.) These things get under my skin.


So although the chill of fall and the grey skies--(also coming out of no-where!) requires donning the wool-sweater, as itchy as it is....I would much prefer cotton--like the cotton blanket on my bed, my cotton socks, and my fluffy comforter to forgo the sweater-thing all together.  It could be a perfect day to stay in bed, pull up the covers, sipping hot coffee, laptop on lap--and catch up on some work!  Sounds lovely, yes?  Maybe I can put off the wool sweater just for today.

No comments: