Friday, June 24, 2011

One girl's bliss...


Not many girls dream of vacuum cleaners--but let me just say that I am currently just a few short hours (okay, ten) from unadulterated vacuuming-bliss!  We are going to get......oh. just take a look at this baby!

Doesn't it just make you drool?! (oh, that's me.) We are getting this one 'used', from a Garcon who bought it for his Petite-girlfriend in February that doesn't like it......(Wha?!) because it's just too hefty and fierce.... and I say...Bring it on baby!  I can handle it! Petite-girlfriend wants the little-wimpy style canister and hose type or maybe even a Dust-Buster perhaps.  But moi?!  I am still in therapy for separation anxiety over some of the appliances we had to sell before moving to France--one being my bright purple Dyson-Animal that a lovely lady in Seattle is now blissfully driving around (yes, I did say 'driving' because after-all, vacuuming is a sport! non?)

So since we moved here, I have been solemnly trying to adapt to the weak and sucky (not good sucky) little vacuum that we had to buy here and all the joy has just been sucked out of it!  Until today....

You see--we have three doggies, and three kitties (and three kiddos and I have three blogs and three books that I am writing, three Facebook pages....and three...well you get the theme!)  Although we only have THREE rugs--two are in the 'living room' and 'dining room' the most used rooms in the house (apart from our tiny kitchen which is tiled thankfully!)  Oh, and there is one in Middle Garcons room but it is more like a 'mat'.

But I would like to get some kind of ruggy-carpet thing for Petite-Fille's room but held back until I have some way of keeping it dust-bunny free and free of other things--for example, our big 'rustic' country cat, Polo likes to bring in a feathery snack (no I will not go into details) now and then to share with Petite Fille.  A few nights ago he apparently caught his poor victim in the middle of the night and spread feathers all over her bedroom (currently just wood floor) and having a big robust 'manly' vacuum--is much needed.  He also tries to sleep in her crib--his big, furry, dusty kitty body--but that is another problem all together.

Anyway--I digress--if that's possible based on where I started.  Just a shout-out to all the other domestic vacuum-driving-godesses out there!  Think of me this evening when I will be driving with one hand on my pretty new bright yellow (I like to call it 'golden') almost-new Dyson---with the other hand balancing my glass of Sauvignon.....or champagne.

Cheers!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

don't forget to wear your seatbelt mon ami!