One week until Christmas! Can your believe it?! For us this weekend has been 'the storm before the calm'... A little hurricane named 'Joachim' has been hanging around and we have had bellowing, violent winds, chilly temps. and about 5" of ..... hail. No, not snow (sadly). Just on-going hail storms--loud, hard pellets of various sizes, from pea size to large marble size--that pound down--'Petite Fille' is not to happy about the noise--on the glass windows and the metal veranda roof....she crawls for cover under the closest table.
So you can imagine--when Sunday morning broke with rays of sun and calmer winds--we jumped at the opportunity to go back to the Sunday marche in Trouville Sur Mer, to see our old friends. It has been months since we have been able to go.
When I say 'friends' I mean the merchants at the market that we have come to know and who know us from the regular Sunday trips to the market....
I hadn't realized how much I missed their faces, they seem always friendly, smiling maybe because they too appreciate the small break in the storms... and when there is sun on a winter day in Normandy--what's not to smile about?
I am transfixed by the 'new' fish market. It rivals the amazing market at (dare I say it out loud!?) the fish merchants at ..... yes, my beloved Pike Place Market. Since the renovation, the market is so shiny and bright and up-scale--yet the merchants are still the same hard-working and proud 'mongers' of their treasures from the sea.....
I have my hopes set on some oysters from the market for Christmas or New Year's--I have a set of gorgeous vintage oyster plates just begging to be filled up!
One of the many things I am looking forward to. Until then, back to the preparations!
Bonne semaine mes amis!
